One of the most concerning issues of the hotel industry: whether the six small items of disposable amenities should be environmental protection concessions have already begun to be partially implemented in some cities. There are nearly 20 kinds of disposable consumables available in the hotel. Are all these 20 kinds required by guests? I think this is not the case. I believe everyone has discovered the following situations:
1. Toothbrushes are generally packaged with toothpaste, which is more wasteful for residents. Generally, the toothpaste matched with the toothbrush is 6g, and the toothbrush can be used again in the morning and evening. The toothbrush can continue to be used, but because there is no toothpaste, it is necessary to disassemble a pair of toothbrushes, because this relationship increases the disposable The consumption of supplies means neither energy saving nor environmental protection.
Suggestions: 1) Put the toothpaste separately (because it has its own packaging, no need to deal with it separately) to reduce unnecessary waste. 2) Specially equipped with branded toothpaste of 45 g-60g for rooms with a stay longer than three days.
2. The sewing kit in the guest room has a low usage rate and is more wasteful. According to statistics, the hotel uses a total of 742 sewing kits a year, including internal use. In addition, there are fewer cotton threads in the sewing kit, and there are as many as five colors. If a certain kind of thread is not enough, another package needs to be opened. All the needles are thrown away after one use.
Suggestion: Prepare a sewing box at the housekeeping center. There are plenty of cotton threads of various colors, different types of needles, finger guards, small scissors, etc. Guests can provide free rental services when needed, all needles and other items Can be reused, cancel the one-time use sewing kit in the room.
3. The small soap provided in the guest room is an indispensable item in the bathroom, which can be used to wash hands or clean small pieces of clothing. However, in most cases, guests cannot use a whole bar of soap, and some even disassemble and wash their hands before using it. Due to the small size of the recycled soap, the cleaning effect is not good, and the value of recycling is greatly reduced.
Suggestions: 1) Replace the soap with a reusable hand sanitizer bottle and put it in the guest room to reduce waste and improve the hotel's quality. 2) If guests need to wash small pieces of clothing, they can provide paid sachets of brand washing powder in the bathroom to enhance the cleaning effect.
4. The utilization rate of sanitary bags is not only low but also has no practical significance. It is recommended to remove them.
5. The envelopes placed in the large memo folder in the guest room are divided into ordinary envelopes and airmail envelopes, but less than 100 are used throughout the year, partly because of damage caused by guests when they browse through them. The channels for communicating with people are not only diverse but also fast. The era of correspondence is over.
Suggestion: Put envelopes in the public areas of the lobby and business center. Guests can pick them up if they need them.
The information is provided by the hotel amenity manufacturer.